It seems Mother Nature knows the perfect remedy for our long winter blues and indoor doldrums? It’s Spring! Spring is that welcomed season where the days are longer, the temps are higher, and the great outdoors call us to come out from hibernation to enjoy Spring colors, buds, blossoms and sunshine. So leave the Spring cleaning to a cleaning service and get out and enjoy the best of Spring with the ones you love.
Here are ten simple suggestions for things to do this Spring while your house is being cleaned by the professionals:
- Take a Hike—Whether alone, with the family or with a group of friends, enjoy the scenes and sounds of Spring on the nearby hiking trails. Wear boots, Spring can be muddy. And be sure to leave those muddy boots by the front door when you return home to your sparkling clean floors.
- Take a Day Trip to a Nearby Town—Whether to window shop, enjoy the architecture or take a historical walking tour, it’s always fun to explore a nearby point of interest within driving distance from your home.
- Have Lunch or Coffee at an Outdoor Cafe—Nothing feels more like Paris in the Springtime than dining al fresco at a quaint outdoor cafe. Grab a book or a friend and enjoy the fresh air experience as you watch people passing by.
- Make a Fresh Flower Arrangement—Whether picking daffodils or roses from your own garden or making a trip to the flower shop, a beautiful and colorful Spring arrangement is a perfect way to bring a touch of Spring into your freshly cleaned home.
- Go Fishing—Grab the poles and head to the stream. If you are a newbie to fishing, find a stocked trout farm nearby where they provide the gear and usually a guaranteed catch. Most places like this will even clean and prepare your fish for you so you don’t make a mess yourself in your just-cleaned kitchen.
- Take in a Baseball game—Get an early jumpstart on summer with some crackerjacks and all-American sports fun for the family. It doesn’t have to be Major League, most cities and towns have their own smaller league teams that are just as much fun.
- Plant a Potted Herb or Flower Garden—Spring is also opening season for most nurseries and garden centers. A potted herb garden or arranged flower pot for your patio or front porch will add a touch of color and a wonderful scented reminder that Spring is here. You’ll see it clearly from your spotless washed windows!
- Visit a new Park—Grab the kids, dogs, bikes, or a picnic basket and spend some time soaking up some sunshine and fresh air in the neighborhood park, dog park or nearby state park.
- Visit a Farmers Market or Outdoor Flea Market—Warmer weather means outdoor markets are in business. Bring home a bounty of fresh veggies or the perfect vintage decor item to add a new look to your kitchen counter or bookshelf.
- Neighborhood Clean Up—While your house is being cleaned by the professionals, you can volunteer to do you part in a neighborhood clean up. Gathering trash and litter, painting fences or park structures, or helping some elderly neighbors with yard clean up are all ways to lend a hand, keeping your community looking in top shape. Most municipal organizations can point you in the right direction if you are looking for a volunteer opportunity.
So what are you waiting for? Spring is calling you to get out and about and make the most of this season.
Call your professional cleaning service today to manage the Spring cleaning so you can manage the Spring fun!