How Do You Maintain a Clean Sleeping Mattress?
We spend about a third of our life on our mattress but rarely think about cleaning it. Mattresses hold lots of nasty things including dust mites. You may want to consider cleaning your mattress Shrewsbury MA on a regular basis. Maintaining a clean mattress is better for your health.
Effective Tips on Cleaning Your Shrewsbury Mattresses
- Vacuum your mattress with a vacuum brush attachment; make sure the vacuum brush attachment is clean otherwise you will just be making things worse.
- Deodorize your mattress by sprinkling baking soda on and let it sit for 30 minutes. Baking soda makes a great bed cleaner as it will absorb any odors. You can then vacuum the baking soda off the mattress.
- Stains from protein sources such as blood, sweat, and other bodily fluids should blot up immediately using cold water and clean cloth blotting downward.
- For tough stains use a concentrated enzyme cleaner with a toothbrush, don’t forget to blot any excess moisture on the mattress.
- Steam cleaning your mattress will kill dust mites and should be done once a year.
- Turn your mattress at the start of every new season; doing so will prolong the life of the mattress.
- Avoid getting memory foam mattresses wet. If you do blot well and use a fan to help the drying time
Bed bugs are not a DIY project. This incident is where you need to call a professional home cleaner to get your mattress clean Shrewsbury MA and sanitary again.
A mattress protector is the best thing you can use to keep your mattress clean and free of dust and allergens. They can be easily take off and put in the washing machine run on the hot cycle. Mattress Cleaning doesn’t have to be difficult in Shrewsbury MA